: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in
Business transactions and transitions are complicated affairs, and whether you’re buying, selling, or considering a potential merger, Danny Koerth, CPA, P.C. can provide professional know-how to help you successfully structure and negotiate the deal. Danny Koerth, CPA, P.C. employs careful analysis and due diligence to determine a fair asking price, pinpoint the most favorable tax structures, evaluate financial and cash flow impact, and assess compatible business functions and tactics. Expanding or contracting your business is a huge undertaking.
With our expert advice, you can make the right business decisions for your business for optimum success.
Use a 1031 Exchange to Defer your Capital Gains Taxes So Your Investments Can Grow Faster
Defer capital gains taxes when you sell your property then reinvest in “like-kind” property using a 1031 exchange.
Five Types of 1031 Exchanges
- The original: simultaneous exchange. One property is sold and the next is bought at the exact same time.
- Most common: delayed exchange. One property is sold and the replacement property is bought within 180 days.
- Most unusual: reverse exchange. As the name implies, replacement property is bought before the initial property is sold.
- Improvement exchange is structured to use some of your capital to improve the property, build a road, for example.
- Personal property exchange is used for “like-kind” exchanges for other than real estate – such as cattle, aircraft, mineral rights, etc.
Deferred Sales Trust
Defer Capital Gains Taxes to Keep More of Your Money When You Sell Investments
Those who own businesses, corporations, and commercial or residential investment real estate assets are often reluctant to sell because of capital gains taxes associated with the sale. One option, less well known than a 1031 property exchange, is a Deferred Sales Trust ™. It can be an excellent tool to deal with the capital gains tax deficits that so many investors experience when they sell real estate assets.